Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Telling - Ripple Effect

I find out today, after many recent conversations about my abortion, that someone I have known almost since childhood, has had two abortions. She was the second call that I made after I found out about my pregnancy. I try to focus on the telling as a process - women tell when they can. Still, the conversation is quite literally stunning. I have shared everything in my life for almost three decades with this person and up until today I would have thought the same true for her.

The call was a visceral reminder that 1 in 3 means that we all know more women than we think who have had abortions.

2 comments:

  1. thank you thank you thank you! could i maybe link to this post as part of a longer post i wanted to write? if you are ok with it...

    ReplyDelete

If you leave negative comments they will be deleted.