Sunday, February 15, 2009

The telling – my college friend

She is wise, as she always was. She points out that you can grieve without regretting. As soon as I read the words I realize how apt a description that is of my process. She warns me that the memories will sneak up on me when I least expect them. She commends me noting that “it takes more courage than anyone says.”

I am hugely relieved that she is still who she was when I knew her daily, that her words are what I need to hear, but mostly I am relieved that someone knows, truly knows, what I feel.

2 comments:

  1. It's so important to know someone who is going through or has gone through the process. It is good for grieving and healing. I am glad she is so kind to you. You have a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had blogs to read when I went through my abortion at 24. There were so many mixed feelings to share with ears that would listen and not judge. All I can say now is that I`m glad that I`m not the only one who kept this haunting secret. Just ready to be set free and allow my healing to begin as I am now 33.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave negative comments they will be deleted.