Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The telling, as it unfolds

I have a strong belief that things happen at the right time. During the midst of my abortion, I connected with an old college friend

Today I emailed her

Because

I thought about you throughout the whole experience (you were the first person I ever really discussed the topic with who had actually experienced it)

and

because it seems like even after years of absence from each other’s lives you are still the same person who is deeply imbedded in the memories of my formative feminist, heady women’s studies days

and

I know that to truly get over this experience I have to stop feeling like it is something shameful that I need to hide


I am telling you

Two weeks ago today I went to have an abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave negative comments they will be deleted.